1. When did you become a fan of wrestling?
I have been a fan of wrestling for as long as I can remember! Lol other little girls were playing with dolls and I was trying to put my brothers in the sharp shooter.
2. When did you decide to become a wrestler?
I decided to become a wrestler seriously a year and a half ago. I honestly never thought it was possible before that point.
3. How hard was it to get into a male dominated industry?
It is extremely difficult if you don’t have your head on straight and if you don’t stay focused. As a black woman I have been the minority in several situations in my life. I didn’t run from those obstacles and I won’t run from this one either.
4. Do you think people views on women’s wrestling being just “something good to look at” is changing?
I believe that people are starting to really see and embrace that women are sexy but can still kick ass. For a while it seemed like it was one or the other. Women like Trish Stratus definitely paved the way for women to embrace their sexuality and “leave it all in the ring” at the same time.
5. Which female wrestlers do you enjoy watching?
I enjoy watching Melina. She was so bad ass!!!! When she was in the ring she had EVERYONES attention and respect. Lita was very exciting too. You never knew what she was going to do next. Two phenomenal, talented women for sure.
6. What women’s promotion would you say is the best around?
I can honestly say I don’t believe one is better than the other because they all have different agendas. They serve different purposes and appeal to different fans. I appreciate all women’s wrestling companies for their individuality and what they bring to the table.
7. Where in the world would you love to go wrestle?
I would love to wrestle in Japan and Canada. It is a goal of mine that I hope to achieve.
8. Who have you enjoyed working in the ring with so far?
I had amazing experiences working with Amber O’Neal, Miss Natural, Stacey O’Brien, Reby Sky Hardy, Tiffany Roxx, the list goes on and on. I can honestly say I have been extremely fortunate with the caliber of talent I have been in the ring with so far.
9. Who would you love to work with in the future?
In the future I would love to work with Athena Reese, Santana Garrett, Melina (if she still wrestles on the indies), Mickie James to name a few.
10. Are you at all familiar with the UK wrestling scene?
I am familiar with the UK wrestling scene and a couple of friends of mine have been there to wrestle in 2013. They spoke so highly of it and that made me excited to possibly go one day.
Thank you to Devyn for taking time out to do this interview with me and I hope her all the best for her 2014 and hopefully she may make the trip across the pond one day. You can follow her on Twitter @OfficialDevyn