Name: Kaitlin Diemond
Weight: 148 lbs
Hometown: Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Current GWN Women’s Champion
1. When did you become a fan of wrestling?
I became a fan of wrestling when I was about 7 or 8 years old. The first Hell in a Cell match is what I remember drawing me in as a fan.
2. When did you decide to become a wrestler?
I decided when I was about 10 years old that I wanted to become a wrestler.
3. How hard was it to get into a male dominated industry?
It was difficult getting into a male dominated industry. To this day it’s sometimes still a struggle to be taken seriously.
4. Do you think people views on women’s wrestling being just “something good to look at” is changing?
I think people’s views on women’s wrestling changed about 12-14 years ago. It doesn’t necessarily change what the bigger wrestling companies promote, but I like to think I’m in touch with what the casual fan enjoys.
5. Which female wrestlers do you enjoy watching?
I grew up a fan of Trish Stratus, Lita, Victoria, Molly Holly, Ivory and Jazz like many other women in our business. More recently I’ve enjoyed the work of Beth Phoenix, Nattie Neidhart, Mickie James, Gail Kim, Amazing Kong, and AJ Lee. There’s too many women to name in the independents that I enjoy so I will stop myself with mainstream WWE/TNA.
6. What women’s promotion would you say is the best around?
By reputation alone I have to say Shimmer. They seem to have the most eyes on them as a female only promotion.
7. Where in the world would you love to go wrestle?
Traveling has always been in my heart with or without wrestling involved so the best way to answer that question would be to say anywhere in the world.
8. Who have you enjoyed working in the ring with so far?
I’ve enjoyed working with so many girls and guys as well. Just to name a few Jody D’Milo, Xandra Bale, Courtney Rush, Leah Von Dutch and Ivory.
9. Who would you love to work with in the future?
There’s so many girls I hope I get the chance to work with in the future, again to name a few Jennifer Blake, Lufisto, Portia Perez and Barbi Hayden.
10. Are you at all familiar with the UK wrestling scene?
Unfortunately I’m not too familiar with the UK Wrestling scene. I try to follow Bellatrix to stay in the loop but keeping up with the scene on a regular basis is very time consuming, I’m barely up with the scene in the US.
Huge thanks to Kaitlin for this interview, she is currently living, training and wrestling on the fly in Mexico and you can contact her regarding any dates by going to her Twitter @kaitlindiemond
To give me suggestions regarding other wrestlers to do 10 question interviews with please tweet me on Twitter @Craig_Jarrett