Photo credit: British Bombshells
Name: Fearn Wai
Hometown: Sheffield, UK
1. When did you first become a wrestling fan?
At the age of 6 or 7, I would go around to my next door neighbors house and watch wrestling for hours on end with my mums, friends, son. Straight away I knew I was hooked. My mum would always tell me it was time to go home at like 1am, I refused to budge until wrestling had finished! Probably why she doesn’t watch it now.
2. Who influenced you to want to become involved in wrestling?
I can’t say any person in particular, but I can say the WWE. However, if I had to pick a wrestler my earliest memories are of Booker T. Although at the age of about 12 I stopped watching wrestling all together and I got back into it when my uncle asked me to go to a WWE Live show at the Motorpoint Arena. Whilst at the show I realised it was something I’d always wanted to do.
3. Have you any long term goals in place for wrestling?
Absolutely. I’d love to work for most promotions in the UK, if not all. But the big dream has always been to work for the WWE.
4. You are both a wrestler and a referee, which do you prefer?
110% wrestling! Being a referee is all good, but nothing beats the thrill of being a wrestler. When you’re wrestling the spotlight is completely on you and the fans are there to see the wrestling. Obviously the referee plays a big part, no disrespect to any referee’s, but the fans are there to see the wrestlers in action!
5. Who do you consider to be the best female wrestler on the UK scene?
Honestly? I have no idea. I have heard Kay Lee Ray is the one to watch though.
ADVERT: Check out http://theindycorner.com
6. Who do you consider to be the most underrated female wrestler on the UK scene?
In my opinion, most female wrestlers are underrated.
7. Where has wrestling taken you so far?
All up and down the east coast last Summer. Then I took some time out and then the British Bombshells got in touch with me, which has given me a chance to get back on the scene. I’m hoping 2014 is where I truly hit it off!
8. What promotions have you enjoyed being apart of?
So far the British Bombshells and Tidal Wrestling. I hope to enjoy and be a part of many more.
9. Do you watch a lot of women’s wrestling from around the world?
Not really, I mainly watch WWE and TNA. I do watch the odd clip here and there for new ideas. My main inspiration comes from the Bella Twins, Melina and AJ Lee.
10. Is wrestling you main passion in life?
Yes. Without a shadow of a doubt. Always has been, always will be. Nothing compares to Professional Wrestling.
Thank you Fearn
You can follow me on Twitter @Craig_Jarrett