Hometown: Bled, Slovenia
1. How long have you been a fan of wrestling?
I’ve been a fan since about 1996.
2. Was becoming a wrestler a long term dream of yours?
Ever since I read Mick Foley’s “Foley is Good”, I’ve had the ambitions to wrestle.
3. How did you get involved with becoming a wrestler?
I was hanging out on bled Isle, Slovenia, on our private island when Ultramantis Black asked me if I’d like to get trained. I started training in 2008.
4. Who helped you a lot when you started out?
Claudio & Sara Del Rey helped me out quite a bit in the beginning. They helped drill in respect and work ethic.
5. When did you make your debut?
My first match was in AIW in Cleveland, OH in December of 2009. I debuted for Chikara early the following year.
6. Who have you enjoyed working with the most in your career so far?
Green Ant is a guy that I enjoy wrestling. He takes matches very seriously. He improves every match I see him in and that’s helped me step my game up. He’s the total package, in my opinion.
7. Who do you look forward to working with in the future?
I’d like to wrestle Donst, Akuma, the Young Bucks, Kimber Lee and a hundred others. I’d wrestle anyone, any night.
8. Where do you hope wrestling takes you?
I hope to make a career of wrestling one day. Before Chikara closed, I was wrestling enough to fully embrace wrestling as a career, but that is no longer an option.
9. Who do you consider to be the best on the independent scene right now?
There isn’t a single person that can be stated as being “the best of the indies.” There never was, there will never be. There are so many talented men & women that are regarded as the top of the indies. I’d include Gargano, AR Fox, Cabana & Kingston as some of those top guys. A wise man once told me: “You can never tell how good a wrestler is until you’ve wrestled them.” I’ve wrestled all of those men I mentioned as being on top of the indies.
10. Are you familiar with the UK wrestling scene at all?
I’ve met quite a few UK wrestlers, but I am not educated in the promotions there.
Thank you Kobald
You can all follow me on Twitter @Craig_Jarrett