Name: Kat Green
Hometown: San Francisco, USA
1. In a male dominated business how hard has it been for you to get a break in your wrestling career so far?
It really hasn’t been that difficult due to women still being a minority in this sport; women tend to be more in demand, since there aren’t many of us actively competing.
2. Do you feel peoples perception of women’s wrestling being just about looks have changed over the last few years since WWE got rid of matches such as bra and panties?
They may not have those types of matches anymore, but there is still a large focus on womens appearances. If the focus was all about wrestling then there would be more than one female match per show.
3. Do you feel that the recent rise in women’s promotions around the world is long overdue and will help the whole scene more women get taken seriously as wrestlers?
I believe so, yes. Promotions like SHIMMER, SHINE, ROH and even the smaller ones have showed great promise. If you go back at some SHIMMER tapings, you’ll see plenty of familiar faces.
4. What was it that got you involved in wrestling to begin, was it a long time goal or something you went after when you got older?
To be honest with you, wrestling has always been there but I was never curious enough to try it. I’m naturally an athletic person and enjoy competitve sports. Wrestling to me has been therapeutic and full-filling.
5. Has there been any women in wrestling now or in the past that have influenced you in your career?
Of coarse. Women like Sara del Rey, Cheerleader Melissa, Mercedes Martinez, Kana, Bull Nakano, Lufisto and those are just to name few. One day I hope to be a woman of that caliber.
6. What promotions have you been lucky enough to work for so far in your wrestling career and where would you like to work in the future?
I’ve been lucky to work as much as I have in a short period of time. Worked for, LWA, NWA, Wrestling Revolution, Robles Promociones, AIWF, Inspire Pro. I currently work for NWA Wrestling Revolution, primarily. They are the ones that have given me the opportunity to become Kat Green. In the future, I would love to work for SHIMMER.
7. Do you see yourself making it to the WWE one day on NXT or is that a long way away at this point in your career?
At this point, I’m enjoying where I am. Taking it step by step. Making it to WWE would be interesting.
8. Is there anybody that you have worked with so far that you owe a lot of credit to for helping you in your career?
I owe a lot to the company I work for now. They’ve been there every step of the way and have taught me basically everything I know. Wrestling Revolution will always be my home.
9. Are you at all familiar with the UK women’s wrestling scene and its wrestlers?
I am familiar and I hear they’re tough. I hope to work over there soon.
10. What upcoming bookings would you like people to know about?
None that right now.